- 1 can (15oz) chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 medium pickle, chopped
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp cayenne powder*
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast
- Several leaves of romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Mash the chickpeas using the back of a fork until broken apart, leaving some pieces whole.**
- Mix in the spices, mustard, lemon juice, and diced pickle until well combined.
- Serve in them as tacos in romaine lettuce, as a sandwich or wrap, or as a salad topping!
*Adjust spices according to personal preference!
**I would not recommend using a food processor as it will puree the chickpeas into hummus! If necessary, gently pulse 1-3 times or until desired texture.
Published by Maia Borensztenn
Edited by Brittany Priore